Monday, November 5, 2012

The Rise of the Youngens

Before I started as a Young Champion, there weren't many young environmentalists around. I didn't like the idea that adults were the only ones who should be able to organize and host clean ups. And so I gathered up my friends and started getting them involved in many activities there are. We all liked the idea of being young and capable of doing such things, and our role as present leaders. Two years later here I am, sitting in an office and am really aware of my surrounding. Students from high schools here on Majuro are forming clubs, environmental clubs that is, and are facing the environmental issues we have here. I am proud to have been around to experience such feeling. and I thank all my families and friends for always adjusting to my craziness to the environment. Every teenager here in the Marshalls have proven to me that they are all Young Champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment